Thursday 31 May 2007

Loving the hospital flirt

I am typing this blog entry like a monkey with a gimpy arm - a pretty site I assure you.

I had to go to hospital on Monday to have some day surgery, the surgeon who had a good ol' feel of my tit a couple of weeks ago noticed some moles on my back and said he wasn't happy about how they looked. I said 'hey mate they don't think much of you either' ... no I lie, I didn't say anything besides 'oh ... ... ok so you want to cut them out? umm ok sure' as you do when you are told that the moles on your back are potentially malignant little bastards. So anyway, went into hospital at 9am, hung around with old people with strange growths on their faces and necks (yikes! tried not to look but you can't help it) and then got walked into the theatre waiting area, where the nurses proceeded to prod and poke at my back, told me to strip my top off and put this gowny thing on. No worries mate, done ! Not panicking at all - what is that loud thumping sound in my chest ?

After sitting there for an eternity, the surgeon comes out, yells out to the other surgeon to get me 'prepped' and this hot young surgeon walks through the swing doors and comes my way (all done in slow motion by the way). He walks up to me, by this time I am thinking Oh my god, does my breath stink, and my hair, would you look at my hair I look like a tardo in this gowny thing and my TITS are just hanging here under this thin veil ! Oh my god !

He comes up to me and introduces himself to me, I sit bolt upright, clasping my top to prevent it from falling off and shake his hands and then something strange happened. He introduced himself again, emphasising his first name and we had this eye lock thing happen - it felt like it lasted for friggin ever. Meanwhile the nurse is standing there with the needle staring at us, so I do this stupid smile and say 'ha so i suppose you want to jab me?' WHAT ? WHAT did I just say?? What a dick !

I can't believe I actually said that, what the hell was I thinking?

Anyway fast forward to the cutty outty bit of the operation ... ... so while he is swabbing my back and half way down my right tit, he is making all these jokes, I suppose it was to relax me, he got the moles out and then after he had finished stitching me up and I was being cleaned by the nurses he says to me 'I hope to see you around here again .. soon' to which I replied 'ah yeah'

What the hell does that mean? umm no actually I don't wish to be in hospital again being cut open .. ... ... although if it is by a really hot surgeon you just never know do you, let me just check if there are any other moles that I could get cut out !



3 comments:

Lowry said...

So, is "performing surgery" on someone going to be a new innuendo? lol

Steph said...

He wanted to jab you alright ;)

redcap said...

Wow, how incredibly unhipocratical ;) I think Steph's right - he may just have meant that he hoped to see you in the pub as opposed to on the table with growths sprouting from your ear holes.