Wednesday 27 June 2007

Broody

Don't know what's going on with me, but lately I have been uber broody. Everytime someone walks past with a baby I get this strange feeling and go all gooey. Think it might have something to do with the fact that this Thursday I turn 28 and I have come to the conclusion that I want to have at least one child before I am 30. The hard thing is that I am all the way over here in the UK and my family are all the way back in Australia and I really really wanted to start our family back home with all our annoying family around offering us pearls of wisdom, but I get the feeling this isn't going to be the case now.

So I guess I better just bite the bullet .. ... .. right? But then I have these thoughts, what if I can't get pregnant? What then? Do we go through IVF treatment? Can I cope with that, or do we adopt or just have a house full of cats and treat them as our children?

Then we have friends here who say to us 'you have to make sure you can afford children before you have them' but really when will you ever have enough money to start a family? People have children all the time and they cope as I am sure I will. So I might scar them with my overt strangeness, thus leaving them with pyschological problems that will affect them for the rest of their lives ..... ..... never did me any harm, I turned out alright.

Maybe this feeling will pass, maybe it won't.

5 comments:

.. said...

don't know what to say in response to your thoughts on having children, other than i wish you luck in anything you decide to do. but that picture is so beautiful.

redcap said...

Oh, babies. They'll eat into your drinking time, you know.

Anonymous said...

i know how you feel about babies. I get the urge when they're all cute and buttons. I also get the urge to run to the bathroom when they're all smelly and crying. i'm just saying.

PS. Great blog, it seems we both have an affinity for cherry blossoms.

Steph said...

I always get clucky when I see babies and then I spend an hour with my nephews or neice and I get over it real fast.
Want to borrow them for a weekend? It'll cure ya for sure.

Sakura said...

sumiko - thanks for your thoughts, I know it is a hard one, thanks for listening.

redcap - ahhhh always the voice of reason and so true you are.

echo - thanks for stopping by, hope to see you around again.

steph - thanks for the offer, but umm, errr , I'm a bit busy right now. You're right though, they are good when they aren't yours.