Monday 26 November 2007

The Winds of Change

Well done Ruddsy you've done well.

I got a phone call at 7:30am on Saturday morning from my parentals in Australia to let me know the good news, apparently people in their street were letting off fireworks ! I thought that was a bit extravagant don't you? Oh well any excuse for a piss up.

On another note I have been tagged by the ianandan expedition with a lovely little '8 things' meme so here we go...

8 things I am passionate about:

good food
writing

equality
my husband
music
singing (badly mind you)
art
family

8 things I want to do before I die:

snowboard
have children
learn more languages
learn to paint
move back to Australia
run a half marathon
travel more
find peace

8 things I say often:

"no way!"
"Oh Aye" - (slap me right now)
"Bastardi"
"errors"
"have you seen where I put ....."
"I don't understand"
"this place is chav central"
"beer? yes please"

8 books I have recently read:

Going Postal - Terry Pratchett
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - JK Rowling
Monstrous Regiment - Terry Pratchett
Night Watch - Terry Pratchett
Guards Guards - Terry Pratchett
Ok I think you are getting the picture now aren't you??

8 songs I could listen to over and over:

Best of You - Foo Fighters
Gli ostacali del cuore - Elisa
If you wear that velvet dress - U2
Don't Dream its over - Crowded House
Blue Sky Mining - Midnight Oil
I Choose You - Bindi Blatcher
Dancefloor - Stylophonics
One More Time - Daft Punk

8 things that attract me to my friends:

crazy
they make me laugh
they love a good rant
keep me grounded
smart
teach me things
they offer me support
they accept me

5 comments:

Steph said...

There was dancing in the streets I tells ya!

Melanie Myers said...

I'm not sure why but I haven't dropped by yours for a cuppa before. Glad to have found another interesting blog to visit and be entertained by :-)

Sakura said...

Steph - yeah I bet, I don't suppose you saw my Papa did you??

The Blakkat - thanks for stopping by, hope to see you again soon.

redcap said...

I have to admit to being more than a little smug about JH losing the gig and his own seat. Heh. Here's a big old box of humiliation - why don't you just jump in and splash about some? It smells bad? No! You'll love it! Jump in!

I dunno - are you trying to say that you quite like Terry Pratchett? I wasn't that clear there.

And you know mate, you're supposed to tag other suckers when you get hit with a meme ;)

Me said...

And trust me, Australia wants you back just as much!